Sunday, September 5, 2010

New outfit...


Well I haven't been sewing very much in the last 6 months or so, but with Novemeber Crown coming up in the Barony of Aneala, I decided I need a new dress, or complete outfit.

As I am still very much in love with 16th century Italian, more so since my recent trip to Italy, I have decided to have another, more indepth go at a laced front gown with cutwork sleeves. So have trawled through many pictures on The Realm of Venus website I have decided to base my gown on Paolo Caliari's, Portrait of a Woman, 1560
I fell in love with some purple velveteen in Spotlight a few weeks ago, and of course had to buy the whole remaining bolt, about 8 metres, so this should be ample to construct this dress.
I want to make the entire outfit so I can count it towards my Quest work.
The construction of the under layers commenced last week and I have almost finished the chemise. I used my Brother Innovis 1200 sewing machine to embroider the neckline and cuffs as I have limited time until the event and many things to get done.

1 comment:

  1. about time you started blogging...congrats on the Design Team....

    ReplyDelete